Westside Cultural Alliance
Board of Directors Application and Overview
Apply here: http://tinyurl.com/
About the Westside Cultural Alliance
Mission Statement: The Westside Cultural Alliance cultivates a thriving arts, culture, heritage, and humanities community in Washington County, Oregon.
The WCA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization which was founded in 1999.
WCA Priorities: Create and maintain a countywide arts communication hub. Provide support for people and organizations working in the local creative industries. Engage under-served populations in arts, culture, heritage, and humanities.
- Interest in furthering the mission and goals of the WCA
- Willingness and ability to give the time necessary to become an effective WCA member
- Experience and knowledge relating to the arts in one or more of the following areas: arts education, business management, community outreach, finance, grant writing, nonprofit management, program development, public relations/marketing, strategic planning
- Willingness to raise funds and provide resource development for established goals and programs related to the WCA
- Familiarity with issues, concerns, and trends in arts, culture, heritage, and humanities in Washington County
- Open recruitment using application process
- Executive Director reviews applicants and makes a recommendation to the Board
- Board confirms appointments, denies appointments, or requests additional information
- Nominees are notified of their appointments by the Executive Director
- Board Terms are three years. Board members can serve a maximum of two terms.
- Serve up to one three-year term
- Attend all Westside Cultural Alliance Board meetings
- Arrive on time and stay for the entire meeting
- Serve on sub-committees, external committees and commissions as needed
- Participate in WCA functions
- Participate in yearly planning sessions
- Remain active and engaged for the duration of term
- Make an annual financial contribution to the WCA
- Communicate effectively with other Directors and staff